|“||I will have them wear signs saying, hurra, hurra, ich bin wieder da! And I will make sure every last second of their life is bathed in just agony before they are hanged. Hanged in front of everyone, at that! Precious, pure, punition. They have it coming.||„|
|~ The Kapo|
Villains who are Pure Evil (also known as Complete Monsters) are the worst of all villains, villains who are utterly fearsome, completely atrocious and ireedeemable. And for those kind of evil-doers, doing evil is as natural as breathing.
They can be recognized by this traits:
- They commit acts that are atrocious by the standards of the story, and must have crossed the Moral Event Horizon. Villains who have only crossed the horizon only once usually do not qualify, although rare instances exist if the line they cross is heinous enough.
- They are beyond redemption for what they have done and absolutely nothing justify their horrible crimes.
- They display no senses of remorses nor empathy towards those they hurt.
- They are taken seriously by every characters of their story and the audience as well. Therefore, Comic Relief can never qualify. And it is uncommon for Comedy Villains to qualify as their acts are (usually) not to be taken seriously, unless they count as Game Changers.
- They are never presented in a positive way.
- They cannot feel love. If they claim to feel love, that "love" would merely be perversion or possessiveness, and they can use this as a petty excuse to turn their loved one's into complete monsters like them.
Anti-Villains can never qualify, because you're supposed to sympathize with them, even if you do not approve their methods. Also, obviously evil characters such as serial killers do not qualify unless they're particularly brutal in nature. Also, forces of evil such as Demons do not qualify unless their Moral Agency is made clear.